We originally ran this post in 2011 - but a good refresher is always in order! Here are the essentials:
- All real Eames chairs are made in plywood, with cherry, walnut, santos palisander or rosewood veneers.
- A real Eames Lounge Chair will have a five-legged base, and the Ottoman will have four legs. The bases should be die-cast.
- The cushions for the ottoman and seat cushions for the chair should be the exact same size, and the leather should be soft.
- The armrests should be slightly curved, not flat, and should have a separate piece of leather wrapped around the edge.
- Finally, all originals do not have any visible screws or bolts, and should have natural rubber shock mounts and adjustable stainless steel glides.
If there is ever a questions about the authenticity of your chair, feel free to give us a call, or email us at email@example.com.